12 house Plants that could be extremely dangerous for children and pets

All love to the flowers: they look beautiful and they smell wonderful. But sometimes we get so hypnotized by its beauty that we run the risk of bringing home plants that we don’t know anything, which can lead to dire consequences.

Great.guru made a list of the main flowers that can cause many problems if you wear it to your house.

12. Lily of the valley (Convallaria Majalis)

It is a flower very beautiful and rare, but only appears nice, as people do not know how dangerous that is. The lily of the valley is poisonous and its juice contains convalatoxina. If you put it in water also can be poisonous. It is safe in small doses, but even a small overdose can cause arrhythmia and a blockage of the electrical conduction of the heart. Ultimately, it can cause difficulty breathing and a decrease in the functioning of the nervous system.

11. Lilies

Lilies, although beautiful, are also very poisonous, especially for cats. Also they are for humans because the substance Licorina, an alkaloid found in the bulbs and stems. The symptoms of intoxication include abdominal pain, salivation, chills, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

10. Cólquico (Colchicum Autumnale)

We are accustomed to hear about the saffron when we talk about spices: they all know that gives an awesome taste to meat dishes and even desserts. And for some people that would love to keep the plant in your home, especially because their flowers look beautiful. But this type of saffron is very poisonous, because its juice contains the toxin colchicine, which can cause symptoms such as vomiting with blood, damage to the bone marrow, shock, diarrhea, and irritation of the oral mucosa. After such a poisoning, a human can be saved only with the timely intervention of a doctor and a gastric lavage.

9. Tulips

The leaves, stems, berries and roots of the tulips contain toxic compounds. The tulip bulbs are a little like onions, and there are a lot of Dutch people who ate during a famine after the Second World War, sometimes with fatal results. Eat the tulip bulbs can cause dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain, and although it happens rarely, it can cause even seizures and death.

8. Buttercup tall (Ranunculus Acris)

The main problem with the buttercup top is that it has too many poisonous parts. This type buttercup is the most poisonous and releases volatile substances corrosive with a pungent odor that irritates the eyes and causes pain, tears and sometimes temporary blindness. If a person swallows a piece of the stem of this flower, you will have cramps, gastric, nausea, vomiting and severe spasms. After touching it, you can have abscesses in the skin. When you see this flower, check out their leaves, because they are the ones that mark the difference between the buttercups. Remember exactly how it looks and do not touch it. It’s not worth it!

7. Fraxinella (Dictamnus Albus)

Even the smell of the fraxinella can cause poisoning. The flowers and the boxes of seeds are the most dangerous. During the first few hours, you don’t even feel bad, but you will soon have blisters corresponding to a second-degree burn. If you do not do anything about it, they become ulcers which are very painful. If it affects a large area of the skin, the damage can be fatal.

6. The oleander (Nerium Oleander)

The oleanders are popular for their delicious smell of vanilla and almond, so many people love to plant them or keep them at home. But even the pollen of oleander is terrriblemente poisonous. Contains oleandrin and other cardiac glycoside that breathing them in can cause nausea and then heart failure. In ancient times, the poison in its juice is used to prepare arrows , and once there was a case in which 12 people were poisoned deep-frying meat mixed with oleander.

5. Aconite or Foxbane (Aconitum Lycoctonum)

The acónitos are full of poison. The whole plant is poisonous. Even your odor affecting pathologically the human body. The toxicity depends on the growth area (climatic conditions, soil conditions) and the type and age of the grass. In latitudes warm, there is more poison in the acónitos. The species decorative lose their properties harmful after 2 to 3 years, but it still must be very careful. The alkaloids are toxic that contains this flower have a crippling effect: if the poison is taken by mouth, the muscles of the mouth are numb, followed by the arms and legs. After a time, you can have convulsions, and then paralysis of the respiratory tract.

4. Clematis (Clematis Alpina var. Fauriei)

Clematis contains a toxin called anemonina (glycoside irritant), that affects pets and humans after a single touch. It can cause dermatitis, mild sensations of burning, and ulcers in the mouth. Affects pets such as dogs, cats, and horses, causing nausea and drooling. So please keep your pets and animals from coming into contact with this flower.

3. Delfinio (Delphinium Elatum)

The shape of the flowers resembles the back of a dolphin, hence the name. There is a poison content in the roots and leaves of the delfinio that can cause respiratory paralysis accompanied by damage to the heart. This is due to its main alkaloid, the delfinina, which is very similar in its properties to the aconitine.

2. Azalea (Deciduous Azaleas or Rhododendron)

This plant is popular for its large and beautiful flowers, but it is very dangerous. The toxicity of the azaleas was very well-known even in antiquity. Xenophon of Athens spoke in his chronicles about the inappropriate behavior of a group of Greek soldiers who ate the honey collected by the bees from the flowers of rhododendrons. Contains andromedotoxin, which causes nausea, severe pain, paralysis and even death.

1. Hydrangea (Hydrangea Macrophylla)

Most of the flowers above can be found in the wild, but this one you can buy in a florist shop. The hydrangea is a flower wonderful, but also poisonous: all parts contain hydrocyanic acid. After having been poisoned with this plant, the best scenario you can have is weakness, nausea, and increased sweating. But if you’re not so lucky, your central nervous system will be altered, you will have breathing paralyzed and in exceptional cases death may occur. So clear that you can buy, but beware, it might be best to admire it from afar.

These plants are really beautiful. What is your favorite? Do you have any of them at home? Please share your answers in the comments and take care of your health!

Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz