Spotify is the music streaming service is most used now, it has over 170 million users, of which 75 million are Premium users. But no matter what type of user you are, here we leave you some tricks essential that you must learn to use in Spotify.
Share or hide what you listen to with your followers
Spotify has some gifts as a social network, looking for its users to interact among them, and for that reason allows you to share music through social networks, as well as letting your followers know what you’re listening to on the platform.
If you want to share the music you listen to with your followers, we must follow the following steps:
- If you are on the phone go to the settings of the application, which can be found with the icon of a gear.
- Look for the option “Private Session” and check.
- If you’re listening to music on the desktop version tap on your photo and select the option “Private Session”
With this option, your followers will no longer be able to see what you’re listening to, and if you want to see, then turn off the Private Session.
Controls the playback of your music on other devices from your phone
One of the advantages of Spotify is that we can control the music that we listen to remotely from our phone, for example, if we are listening to music from the Desktop version, then we can control the playback from our phone, and works exactly the same as if you connect even our phone to a Chromecast.
This is the technology known as Spotify Connect, and it works for the Desktop version, PS4, Xbox One, Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Echo, and hundreds of devices more.
- The only thing we need to do is the following:
- We started to play music on our phone, laptop or tablet.
- Select the option of “available Devices”
- Choose the device where we want to continue the music playback.
It is not necessary that the devices are connected to the same Wifi network.
Upload your own music to your library (Premium)
Something that few users know is that Spotify allows you to upload files from your music library, especially if you purchased songs in iTunes or Google Play that are not in the library service Swedish.
This option is only available from the Desktop client, so that you will not be able to do it from your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to the Settings.
- We seek the option of Local Files and select the folder where you want to display the songs.
- You can add another source to listen to your music stored on your computer.
- If you want to listen to these songs on other devices, you can create a Playlist.
It is important to mention that Spotify does not allow the use of files downloaded from illegal sources.
Find your favorite videos
Some users have asked us how to view music videos on Spotify, even some don’t know exist, and at some point it is understandable, because despite the fact that Spotify does an excellent job with the music, has a dismal performance with the music videos, but here we will tell you how to find them.
- Performs a search for an artist or song
- Scroll down to the section of Podcat and Videos
- Here you will find the available options.
We realize that strong of Spotify are not the videos when the company’s board with the Podcast, additionally it is often times difficult to find the videos of your catalog.
The playlist where I’ve seen most of your videos Rock This, and many of these videos I find it difficult to find them in the finder, so I should mention that Spotify is not the best platform for this content, this is to acknowledge that Apple’s Music does a better job, and that YouTube Music takes them from street to all others.
If you want to search more quickly and effectively some video, then in the search put “video: (artist or song you’re looking for)”, for example video: Death From Above 1979
An important fact is that they do not have the same catalog of music videos that are on platforms such as YouTube, so don’t expect to find any video.
It modifies the quality of the music (Premium)
If you are a Premium user, so I should mencionarte that you can choose the quality of the music on Spotify, reaching a maximum quality of 320 kbps. This is important if you have a computer with a good audio output, in addition to some good headphones.
- Go to the Settings
- Look for the option that says Quality of the music.
- There you’ll be able to make the adjustment that suits you best
- This option is available to the client Desktop, tablet, and phone.