A check home help to identify and prevent dangerous diseases. For example, 70 per cent of cases of breast cancer are detected by patients themselves, after you made themselves a self-exam. But, although the majority of women know how to examine your breasts, do not all monitor the state of your eyes, tongue, or skin. In this article we will tell you what you must pay attention to stay healthy.
Great.guru has collected seven changes in the body that can reveal some health problems.
1. Sudden changes in weight
You should do a follow-up to the weight, not to know how many extra kilos you have gained over the weekend. A sudden reduction of your body weight doesn’t always indicate that you have eaten properly, and the unexpected 5 extra pounds are not necessarily a result of having gobbled up pies, and double burgers. The reasons for a sudden change in weight can be several.
- Disorders of the thyroid gland. If the thyroid produces too many or too few hormones, there are sudden changes of weight. Consultation of the endocrinologist, make an analysis of the level of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). In some cases, the doctor may prescribe a biopsy of the thyroid.
- Lack of sleep. The agency is alarmed perceives lack of sleep as a stress and starts to save fat, which preserves it “just in case”. Follows a daily routine and sleeps at least 8 hours a day.
- Imbalance hormonal, especially before menstruation. Most often, before menstruation, increase in size of the breasts and the belly. Visit to a gynecologist, get tested for hormones and that, under no circumstances, you autorecetes diuretics.
If at night you can appear a couple of pounds more, you’ll be swollen pimples, you can hardly take off your rings of your fingers or your favorite shoes suddenly become small, the more likely it is that you suffer from swelling, and this implies not only an aesthetic problem. The causes of edema may be different.
- Problems with the kidneys. The swelling of the morning, bags under the eyes and a bloated face can be indicative of various problems with the kidneys. Under any circumstances, take infusions and pills diuretic. Go with this problem to the specialist, he asks that you do an ultrasound of the organs of the urinary system.
- High blood pressure or heart problems. The edema heart is usually bilateral and manifests itself mainly in the legs. Produces a journal with your blood pressure, following their sharp increases. Comes to the clinic of a cardiologist to examine your heart.
- Varicose veins. If you have only one swollen leg or you see veins protruding, the more likely it is that the swelling associated with the varicose veins. Visit the flebólogo to proceed to carry out an ultrasound of the veins. Will reveal the under-performance of the venous valves.
If the bruises appear on the body with a constancy that is excessive, but you have not given any hit, this reveals an alteration in the functioning of your body. The reasons for the appearance of bruising are quite diverse: from a deficit of vitamins to blood-borne diseases.
- The lack of vitamin C. At present, no one suffering from scurvy, however, an insufficient amount of vitamin C in the body leads to problems with metabolism and the appearance of bruising. Diversifying your diet, including it in products that contain vitamin C. Consultation the therapist to evaluate the content of vitamins and macronutrients in your body.
- Vasculitis. This is a group of diseases in which the walls of the blood vessels are inflamed and are destroyed. Visit the therapist, get a general analysis of blood, immunological studies and go to the flebólogo.
- Pathology of platelets. The thrombocytes (or platelets) are the cells responsible for clotting of the blood. The reduction of the formation of platelets and their rapid decay lead to the appearance of bruising. Request an appointment with the dermatologist or the flebólogo, get a blood test general, another complex of indicators of clotting and a few specific tests that you send to the specialist.
4. State of the language
The color of the tongue and the presence of plaque are indicators of various diseases. If the plate is thin and no problems with the functioning of the internal organs, then there is nothing to worry about: this plate is present even in healthy people. Another thing would be if the language is strongly cover plate.
- Problems with the gastrointestinal tract. This is evidenced by a layer of white thick, which can crack in the area of the root of the tongue. If the tongue is covered plate and, sometimes, you feel pain in the stomach area, it is advisable to visit a gastroenterologist.
- Problems with the liver and gallbladder. With similar problems, plaque on the tongue occurs in abundance, and the color yellow, while in the mouth may appear a bitter taste. Go to the gastroenterologist or hepatologist to find out the concrete reason of the appearance of this plate.
- Diseases of the intestine. The board gray-yellow appears due to chronic disease of the intestine , or by dehydration of the body. As in the previous cases, it is recommended to ask for an appointment with a gastroenterologist.
5. The eyes
The color of the sclerotic of the eye (the white area) can reveal much about your state of health. Their normal color is white, but yellow eyes or red is a sign of some type of pathology.
- Problems with the liver. The eyes may become yellow due to various diseases and damage the liver. Consult a therapist or a hepatologist, get a general analysis of blood.
- Diseases of the eyes. The eyes red or yellow indicate diseases of the eye infectious or specific. Consultation of the eye care professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Fatigue or intense work. The white of the eyes may become red or yellow after a long session in front of the computer or after a concentrated work. Performing exercises specific for the eyes and a visit to the ophthalmologist to prescribe eye drops that will help to alleviate this problem.
The color change and the state of the nails is not only an aesthetic problem. The nails reflect the state of human health. The plates of the nail are normal smooth, uniform, slightly convex and of the same color. The causes of the deformation of the nail can be several.
- Fungal diseases (onychomycosis). Within the nail spots and yellow stripes, brown, and black, the nail may begin to crumble. Ask for appointment with a dermatologist: identify the type of fungus and will prescribe their proper treatment.
- Deficiency of vitamins. The lack of vitamins D, B1, calcium deficiency or iron-deficiency anemia, deform the nails. Go to a therapist and get an exam to check your vitamins.
- Rheumatism. The spots of white in the nail, forming the nail plate, and small dents can be symptoms of rheumatism. In the first place, consultation with a dermatologist or a podiatrist to determine the cause of the deformation, after which, you will be sent to the neurologist or the rheumatologist.
If the gums are pink healthy unexpectedly become red and swollen, then this is a signal of alarm. The gums weak and the sick, are a symptom of diseases of the oral cavity. Depending on the location of the swelling and the redness, you can identify one or the other disease.
- Gingivitis. The mucous membrane is inflamed in a timely manner around a particular tooth. The gums bleed and are painful reactions to food hot or cold. Visit to a dentist or periodontist to receive appropriate treatment.
- Periodontitis. The gums away from the tooth and form a “pocket”, where it penetrates the food, causing swelling and inflammation. As in the first case, contact with a odontoterapeuta or periodontist.
- Periodontal disease. With it, the gums are slowly destroyed: you will discover the necks of the teeth, the spaces are enlarged, and a gum rises slowly on the other. Go to your dentist or periodontist for you to prescribe a suitable treatment.
And you, to know that everything is going well, do you do any self-examination at home? If so, what do you tend to pay more attention? Share your observations in the comments.
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com