Android, the operating system most used in the world has many advantages and also some disadvantages in comparison to the iOS, of which we spend hours debating with other users. But today we will talk about one of the advantages that can bring disadvantages as is ‘rooting’ your phone or become the superuser, a practice that few users will dare to undertake.
The reality is that there are many myths behind root your phone, it is true that sometimes we face difficulties that could even lead to our team to death, but it is not something that happens all the time, and the truth is that as time passes will also improve the methods to become super-users, being much more fast and easy to apply.
Today we will review step-by-step how to do root our phone with a single application, that is to say, we will not need a computer or find a rom suitable for the model of our computer, even though it is a fact that later on we will also explain how to do it with this method, which may even offer a lot more benefits (and also the most caring) that the way that we explain today.
For those who do not know what is rootearun device, since basically it is access to our entire operating system to customize it or set it as we see fit and without any kind of restriction on the manufacturer.
Continuing with this tutorial, we will explain how to do it with 3 different applications in particular seem to me to be good options, although an important condition is that not all work with all Android devices.
Advantages and disadvantages of becoming a superuser.
Before you continue with the process I think it is relevant to warn of what are the advantages and disadvantages that will have each one of you to become superuser.
The advantages are the following:
- Full access to the operating system for modification or custom configuration.
- You can install many applications that offer unique functions.
- You can install new rom with new features and new versions of Android.
- You can continue to update support for your team thanks to the community.
For its part, the disadvantages are:
- You will lose the warranty of the computer (if it even has).
- You can damage the phone (although this is not the case if you do it with these applications).
- You can open security gaps by installing new rom.
- Some applications like Netflix or services that require copyright permissions will not work.
This is one of the most popular options on the market, however, this application is not available in the Play Store, so you’ll need to download the APK that we leave below.
This app works in many Android devices, but a major limitation is that you need to have a kernel prior to June 3, 2014. If you want to check what Kernel version you have you can go to Settings > System > About phone > Kernel Version or kernel.
- Before continuing it is important to make a backup copy of the data on the device.
- We installed the app, open it up and click on the option “Make it rain”.
- If phone restarts means that it is not compatible, and therefore the root failed, if you do not boot the process was successful.
- To check this you can download an application called Root Checker or Checker to validate that you are the superuser.
Another option very easy-to-use Kingroot, which is not available in the Play Store, so you’ll need to download the APK from the link below.
- Don’t forget to do the backup of your device.
- Install and open the application.
- You will see a button that says “Try to Root”, if you will root your phone.
- If the process is successfully completed you will see a mark verifying that you are now a superuser.
- Sometimes it takes a bit of time that the application fulfills its purpose.
- In the same way you can check it with Root Checker or Checker.
BaiduRoot is another popular tool and easy to use to be root, but it is only possible to use with computers that have a version between Android 2.2 and 4.4, so that it will serve more for smartphones old with the you want to try that with newer models.
- The first thing that you must do is download the files package and unzip it on your computer, subsequently copies the files to the phone.
- Open the folder that contains the APK file on your device, that is to say, where you copied the files.
- Install the app and agree to the terms and conditions of service.
- At the center of the screen you will see a button that says “Root”, presionalo to continue with the process.
- The phone will have root permissions and you will see a success message as long as your phone is compatible.
These are three simple choices become superuser on Android, but it is a fact that there are more complex tools for doing this which also explain you how to do it in the next few days.
Coolest-hacks.com and Partners.