We carry a pace of life fast, forgetting to pay adequate attention to our health, so we go to the doctor only when pain prevents us from living normally. However, if the medical consultation is carried out in a timely manner, you can avoid health problems and detect a dangerous disease when there is still time.
Great.guru has compiled for you the recommendations of the doctors indicate the frequency with which it is necessary to visit various specialists and verify the operation of all the systems of our body.
How often you need to visit the specialists?
Mastólogo, once a year
Regardless of age, it is recommended that women visit a mastólogo for an analysis of the breasts once a year. In addition, women under the age of 40 years should undergo a ultrasound of the breast on an annual basis, and for those who have already passed this age, a mammogram. However, a self-examination the mammary glands should be done at least once a month: according to the statistics, the survival rate when suffering from a breast cancer, provided that the detection is early, is 80-90 percent.
Dentist, once in a period ranging between 5 months and a year and a half
In general, it is recommended to spend a checkup at the dentist every six months. However, if you don’t have problems with the teeth and gums, the frequency of visits may be reduced to once a year and a half: in the first place, it may not make any problem, and in the second, the doctor may recommend changes in the oral care or to perform a professional cleaning.
Gynecologist, once a year
Based on research, the experts concluded that once every 5 years it must perform an analysis to detect a cancer of the uterine cervix (Pap test) and a test for the human papillomavirus. However, this applies only to women between the ages of 30 and 65 years who did not obtain positive results for both studies in the past, the rest of the visits must be scheduled by the doctor.
Also, a gynecologist can help you to find the cause of overweight or lack of this, like other possible problems. That’s why, once a year is necessary visit to this specialist.
Ophthalmologist, once every 2 years
Even if you do not suffer from problems of vision, the ophthalmologist should be examined every two years because some diseases, such as, for example, diabetes can show their first signs in the eyeball. However, people over the age of 40 years must go to the ophthalmologist twice a year, since the beginning of this age increases the risk of developing glaucoma or cataracts.
Dermatologist, once a year
Skin cancer is one of the oncological diseases most common in the world that, when detected in its early stages, can be treated with success. This would be a good starting point for patients harboring high chances of enjoying a healthy life following the conclusion of his treatment. Therefore, in order that a dermatologist can detect skin cancer in its early, this should be examined annually. Especially, we refer to those cases in which the skin appear wounds that won’t heal, or moles that begin to change its form or color.
A cardiologist once every 2 years
Factors that influence the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases
According to the WHO, around 17.7 million people die of cardiovascular diseases each year, which is approximately 31 percent of the total number of deaths in the planet. In addition, many people who suffer from cardiovascular disease are unaware of their health problems, since these only can find a specialist in the field. The doctor will prescribe a cardiogram and other studies if it is deemed necessary. At the beginning, it is recommended to visit it at least once every two years, especially smokers and those who have already exceeded 40 years of age.
In addition, it is recommended to visit the therapist at least once a year, as this can send out additional studies if necessary.
How often should I get a blood test and be tested?
- Analysis of blood general. It is recommended to perform an analysis of blood-general at least once a year. The amount of erythrocytes, platelets, and white blood cells, as well as other indicators, can reveal to a physician for possible alterations in the functioning of your agency and alert them to the existence of a dangerous disease.
- Analysis of blood for HIV. People who have an active sexual life with different partners should get tested for HIV at least once a year. In addition, after the sexual contact without protection with a stranger, or other action that is likely to cause an infection with the virus of the immunodeficiency, you should contact a specialized center where the specialists will assess the need for a post-exposure prophylaxis to such exposure.
- Analysis of blood to measure glucose. WHO statistics reveal that around 1.6 million people die of diabetes each year in the world, and around 422 million, spread all over the planet suffer from this disease. Therefore, an analysis of the level of sugar in blood should be conducted at least once every three years, and those who suffer from overweight, you should have the test annually.
- Chest x-ray. According to the doctors, despite the fact that a normal chest x-ray does not reduce the threat of lung cancer death (in 2016 died for this cause 1.7 million people), a study of this type provides specialists with the possibility to detect other life-threatening diseases, such as tuberculosis, which may appear imperceptible to the patient in its early stages.
- Colonoscopy. People who have reached age 50 years should undergo a colonoscopy at least once every five years. However, those who have had cases of colon cancer in the family should be tested also at a younger age.
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com