Once more, the repeated public complaints forced Apple to recognize faults in their equipment and offer repairs at no cost. Now it is the mechanisms of butterfly in the keyboards of the MacBook and MacBook Pro.
In the official statement of Apple about it reads:
“We have a launched a service program that covers a small number of customers with problems in the keyboards of some models of Macbook and Macbook Pro, showing certain problems, such as letters or characters that are repeated unexpectedly or do not appear when are pressed, or keys are “sticky” that do not respond in a consistent manner”
The problems most mentioned and that are covered by the support document are repeated letters unexpectedly when you press a key, a letter does not appear when you press a key and the keys feel “sticky” or do not respond in a consistent way.
The process of repair of the keyboard butterfly of the MacBook may involve total replacement of the keyboard or of any of its keys. In this way, the users that are experiencing any of the problems described above, can lead to fix for free your keyboard from the MacBook to an official store of Apple or through an authorized service provider.
The equipment covered for free repair in center authorized Apple:
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2016)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, with 2 Thunderbolt ports 3)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, with 2 Thunderbolt ports 3)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, with 4 Thunderbolt ports 3)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, with 4 Thunderbolt ports 3)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)