Surely we have heard a lot of information about our biological clocks and the benefits that brings to health the be disciplined with your sleep cycles. Usually, people think that sleeping 7-8 hours is enough, but this is not valid for all cases.
Sleep is a fundamental part of our life. There is nothing better than a good rest after a long and hard day of work. Restful sleep is very important for the body to recover completely. But how many hours we need to sleep for the night to be good?
In Great.guru we want to tell you how much time you need to sleep in reality according to your age.
The lack of sleep
Many of us look forward to the weekend for a good rest. But it is better not to neglect the dream for the simple fact of seeing the latest posts in the social networks. In the first place, the lack of sleep negatively affects the quality of the future episodes of sleep. In the second place, this lack of sleep has negative effects on your health.
Not getting enough sleep weakens your immune system and can bring serious consequences.
Not getting enough sleep increases the risk of developing the following health problems and diseases:
- Changes in the hormonal function
- Cardiovascular disease
- Decreased visual
In addition to all this, not sleeping well noticeably affects your body and your appearance. As a result, gain weight, start having dark circles, pale skin, and your complexion will deteriorate. This lack of sleep also leads to a lack of concentration, a decrease in the efficiency in your daily activities and premature aging.
Sleep according to age
- 0-3 months: 14-17 hours
- 4-11 months: 12-15 hours
- 1-2 years old: 11-14 hours
- 3-5 years old: 10-13 hours
- 6-13 years: 9-11 hours
- 14-17 years old: 8-10 hours
- 18-25 years: 7-9 hours
- 26-64 years: 7-9 hours
- More than 65 years: 7-8 hours
How many more years a person has, the less time of sleep you need to rest completely.
Babies 0 to 3 months of age require the highest amount of sleep. Children under the age of 18 years should sleep more than 8 hours per night. After that, the required amount of sleep is significantly reduced and changed only after a person reaches 65 years of age. But do not forget that each person has their own particular needs that may modify these figures.
Improve your sleep routine
It is important to pay close attention to the quality and the length of time that you are sleeping. Poor sleep can lead to many health problems. You can consider the following tips for improving your sleep routine and to feel better during the day:
- The day and the night should not be the same for you. It is important to remember that people must stay awake during the day and sleep at night. If you break this scheme, then it is likely that you will have trouble sleeping.
- Lie down to sleep and get up at the same time every day.
- No alcoholic beverages before bedtime.
- Do not eat in excess at night.
- Creates a cozy and comfortable atmosphere in your room.
- Choose a comfortable bed and a good pajamas.
- Use fresh clothing will help you get to sleep more quickly.
- Try not to use electronic devices before sleep, it is also recommended to switch off the appliances that are possible for the night.
- Pay attention to the physical activity and relaxation techniques.
Getting enough sleep is not so complicated. You can improve your sleep by making simple changes and following these tips. And in return, you will be much more cheerful and healthy.
How many hours you need to sleep to feel good? How do you relax before you go to bed? It tell us your opinions in the comments section!
Illustrator Alena Tsarkova for Great.guru
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com