As a general rule, most people urinate about 6 to 7 times a day. If you feel the need to do it more frequently, or you experience difficulty holding the urine while you sleep and you wake up more than one or two times a night, your bladder may be overactive. This condition causes incontinence and other negative effects, which must be treated as soon as possible.
Genia.guru made a list of the tips more effective that can help treat an overactive bladder in a natural way.
5. Control your fluid intake
It is important to drink enough water during the day to stay hydrated, but eating too much is not really good for your health, as it can make you use the bathroom more frequently. To avoid extreme pressure in the bladder, it is best to reduce your fluid intake by 25 % so that the same is not completely filled.
- You should also avoid taking coffee, black tea, alcohol, and carbonated drinks, because they can push your bladder.
4. Train your bladder
- Program stays or breaks in the bathroom. To prevent incontinence, it tries to determine how often will you urinate taking a daily bowel movements. Then, add about 15 minutes to that time (for example, if you use the toilet every hour then schedule visits to the bathroom by adding 15 minutes to that time). It is recommended to go to the bathroom at each scheduled visit, even if you do not need to urinate.
- Delay of urination. You can educate your overactive bladder extending the period of time between the times that you go to the bathroom. Begins with small delays (around 30 minutes) and gradually progresses up to urinate every 3 or 4 hours.
- Practice double voiding. Urination double is the technique of urinating two times in a short period of time. This is the most effective way to do this: once you’ve finished peeing, wait 20 to 30 seconds. After that, lean forward slightly and try to urinate again.
3. Control your weight
Having overweight can aggravate the problems of the bladder and cause urinary incontinence, or stress. If you develop this condition, this organ filters out small amounts of urine when you’re physically active, or when coughing or estornudas. Losing weight can help relieve the excess of pressure in the bladder, as well as in the surrounding muscles.
2. Resorted to acupuncture
Some studies show that the stimulation of acupuncture applied to the lumbosacral region (lower back) can help you to increase the control of the bladder and to treat the frequent urination, as it releases the pressure and tension in that area.
1. Strengthens your muscles
To be able to control urination, you can strengthen the muscles of the bladder. In the first place, you’ll need to identify them by stopping the flow of urine in the middle of the stream. Once you feel the pelvic floor muscles, you can begin to train them by performing the following exercises with your bladder empty for at least 6 or 8 weeks.
Abs “pose of the insect is dead”
Starting position: lie on your back with your arms extended straight up and knees bent to 90 degrees.
- Inhale, tighten the muscles of the pelvic floor, extending your right arm beyond the head and the right leg forward.
- Release the pelvic floor, exhale, and then takes the arm and the leg to the starting position.
Repeat 10 times on each side.
Starting position: stand with your back against the wall.
- Inhale, tighten the muscles of the pelvic floor, and low a position as if you were sitting in a chair, while keeping your back against the wall.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Exhale, take to the air resting on the wall and free up your muscles.
Repeat 10 times this procedure.
Kegel exercises or pelvic floor
Starting position: lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Inhale, tighten the muscles of the pelvic floor and push your hips to the floor.
- Hold that position for 10 seconds.
- As you lower the hips, exhale and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor.
Repeat 10 times this procedure.
Do you know any other ways to treat an overactive bladder? Please share your thoughts and tricks with us in the comments!
Illustrators: Natalia Tylosova and Sergey Raskovalov for Great.guru
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com