Throwing clothes in the washing machine is a task of a minute. Get the clothing ruined after an hour also. Sometimes, it is easier to wash clothes by hand or take them to the laundry to not get angry when you see your jacket full of lint, white towels are dyed another color or a scarf of lace ruined.
Great.guru found out what items can and which it is forbidden to wash in the washing machine, which you have to wash under special conditions (temperature, drying, detergents) and by what has to be done.
Can be: tennis court, with the exception of the cheapest, in which you are not sure of the quality.
The tennis courts will need to wash:
- In water cold or warm to 40 ° C, a high temperature can ruin the outsole.
- Add a little powder detergent: the washing machine is designed for a certain amount of detergent, and everything else will be in your items.
- Put them together with things that can amortize the shock in the washing machine: t-shirts old non-essential or towels.
Prohibited: athletic shoes, because it can be damaged by the pressure, the drying and the hot water.
You can: lingerie with plastic rods, or without them. Should be washed in a bag special for washing in cold or warm water up to 40 ºC, squeeze low speed, air dry, not in the heater or under the sun.
Forbidden: fastener with metal rods, as the rods can be trapped in the drum of the washing machine and cause a damage worse. In addition, the rod can be deformed quite a bit, and the lingerie will lose its shape.
You also should:
- Wash with hot water, squeeze in cycles strong, dry linen and synthetic material, elastic (nylon, polyamide and spandex), and using a dryer or by placing them in the sun.
- Mix linen and cotton with any garment of another color: there is always the risk that this is ringworm.
3. Slipcovers and bedspreads
Can be: covers or sheets that do not change the color of the water, which does not shrink and without folds.
- Sheets large not a good fit in the washing machine: do not wash and will not dry out how it should be.
- Items covered in hairs of a pet, this could ruin the washing machine.
- Sleeves sewn with certain products: if they shrink it will be difficult to re-use.
- Items that are staining. Place a swab in the water and see if it does not have traces of fabric, after washing, the color can get lost and become irregular.
It can be: sports clothing separate from other garments. You need to wash immediately after training, without leaving it in the basket for the dirty clothes: in water cold, delicate cycle, with a spin minimum and without drying.
Forbidden: sportswear along with other garments.
Neither is it appropriate to:
- Add conditioner to the clothes: they obstruct the threads and do not leave the sports clothing to absorb the sweat.
- Placing a high temperature: it deprives the clothes sporting his features.
- Squeeze-to-strong speed: this stretches the strands and reduces the useful life time of the garment.
5. Embroidery and lace
- Embroidery with threads or ribbons: in delicate cycle, no chlorine, without a strong spin, the garment upside down and is better in cold water. Before washing, it is necessary to check if the garment is dyed.
- Lace synthetic: in cold or warm water, up to 40 ° C, delicate cycle, without a strong spin.
Forbidden: things with decorations, bulky: crystal, wood, plastic. The plastic loses the shine, the wood is damaged, the crystals can fall off. With each washing, such products lose their original color.
It is also not suitable: garments with lace that have zippers, buttons and snaps.
6. Bags and backpacks
- Bags a layer of cotton products, sports clothing and shoes.
- Bags in which there is a mix of fabrics both synthetic and natural, inserts, cardboard, cover water repellent.
- At low temperature, with clothing similar in color and composition.
Prohibited: backpacks where the manufacturer does not recommend doing so, this can come off, damage the washing machine, be adversely affected by the friction, the temperature, or dyeing other garments.
7. Outdoor clothing
- Garments synthetic and cotton without special coatings.
- Items without inserts artificial skin: this can be deformed.
- Garments in which all locks are fastened and: during the wash cycle, can damage both the closing and the washing machine.
Prohibited: clothing which in its composition have a lot of materials. The insertions of the artificial skin may lose color, descascarse and rasguñarse. Elements of cotton non-removable, for example, hoods, clothing synthetic can be dyed to other color. Natural skin should not be washed: this can be rough, and recover the original shape will not be possible.
Neither is it appropriate to: place in hot water clothing, cover it with a waterproof and a spin at high speed. The friction, and the rotation can damage the fibers. When washing such things, we do not recommend the use of conditioners, bleaches or stain removers.
8. Stuffed articles
Can be: garments with synthetic padding and polyester. These quickly recover their form, it does not hold unpleasant smells and do not appear small balls. If your pillow is, the more likely it is that you have a synthetic fill.
Forbidden: pillows stuffed with feathers. Such pens are out, they decay, they can retain unpleasant odors because they do not have impregnation as those of the sea birds. If your pillow does not keep the form, will surely have a fill of feathers.
Neither is it appropriate to:
- Pillows stuffed with memory foam: washing destroys the structure of the article.
- Articles filled with feathers of duck, goose, swan: can be washed only if indicated by the manufacturer. Before washing you have to check the pillow or the blanket with the order not to have holes and can tear up, and, after washing, it is necessary to rinse at least 2 or 3 times.
9. Clothing for the cold
Can be: garments made of acrylic material or synthetic. The acrylic apparently is similar to wool, but more bright, lightweight, wrinkle less and cause itching. For the acrylic you should consider:
- Wash cycle delicate.
- Cold or warm water, up to 40 ºC.
- Wash with other garments: this will prevent it from stretching.
Forbidden: wool garments. So as not to damage your favorite sweater, you need to wash in water cold with a liquid detergent. Wool reacts badly to the spin, that is why it is better to squeeze the water twist it or stretch it. The wash will take 10 minutes, but it will remove the I am sorry that your experiment with the washing machine has not worked.
You can: curtains always and when you enter without problem in the washing machine. Synthetic products of cotton, in which it is pointed out that it is possible to use washing machine, best to put a delicate cycle of washing, use a medium temperature, rinse a little and a gentle spin.
- Heavy curtains: when washed, these will absorb water, become heavier and may damage the washing machine.
- Curtains that have a sewn-in metal rings, especially if they have not been washed in a long time and the rings will have traces of rust.
- Items sewn out of various materials, for example, when there is a lining, one of the components may shrink.
- Curtains with folds stiff, stitched or pressed with some consistency.
- Lace curtains made of thin materials and light: can be break down and shrink.
Do you have observations about what items should not be washed in a washing machine?
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com