In the history of humanity there are still many secrets and mysteries that scientists have yet to solve. But apart from them, there are enough facts and figures that may surprise us and even make us see the past events from a different angle.
Great.guru has found several of these facts and wants to share them with you.
- Hunting of a mammoth was not a common thing for a man of the Paleolithic age. It was more likely that people would look for animals that are already dead to use their meat, skins and bones.
- 3 out of the 10 wars bloodiest in history occurred in China.
- The seal on the tomb of the pharaoh Tutankhamun remained intact during 3.255 years!
- The Pope youngest was 11 years old.
- It is not known who broke the nose of the Sphinx. There is a picture of the Sphinx without a nose dated in 1737, sixty years before Napoleon disembarking in Egypt.
- At the end of the XIX century and early XX century, in England one could take his wife to the market and put it up for sale. This custom signficaba a divorce for the good men.
- For the centenary of the Napoleonic Invasion of Russia (1812), not only found themselves living witnesses of the events in the Russian Empire, but even participants of the Battle of Borodino.
- The author of the famous philosophical treatises on education Jean-Jacques Rousseau gave to her 5 children to a home educational.
- In the United Kingdom still saved a piece of cake from the wedding of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. The event took place in 1840.
- George Washington, one of the us presidents, more famous, never lived in the White House. At that time the building was not yet built.
- The artist Samuel Morse received too late the news of the sudden illness of his wife and could not reach before his death. This led him to study the ways fast to deliver messages over long distances.
- You won’t believe this, but there are a patent of invention of the toilet paper. It is dated in 1891. Pay attention to the position of the roll.
- The first man in space, Yuri Gagarin, not piloted the ship Vostok-1. The entire flight was carried out in automatic mode.
- The last death penalty in western Europe was not committed with the help of poison or firearms. The condemned was executed with a guillotine. It was in 1977.
- In 1969 there was a bloody military conflict between El Salvador and Honduras. The formal reason for this was the tense football matches for the right to participate in the World Cup of 1970.
- Jimmy Nicol is a british musician who was formally the fifth member of the group “The Beatles”. Replaced Ringo Starr in 8 concerts in Hong Kong, Denmark, the Netherlands and Australia, so the tour will not be stopped.
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com