According to the statistics, approximately 10% of the adult population suffers from neck pain at a given time and over 65% will experience it at some time in life. The most common causes of neck pain is the excess of exercise, poor sleeping posture or sitting in the same position for a long time and the high levels of stress. But there are ways to deal with this type of problems.
Great.guru introduces you to: do 9 easy ways and natural so that you can get rid of the problems and neck pain!
For pain is recent and acute: apply a bag of ice
Place one bag of ice chopped for about 15 minutes in the most affected part. Bags cold are more effective for acute pain that involves swelling, as it helps to reduce the blood flow by constriction of the blood vessels. Never apply ice directly, always put it in a bag as it prevents the irritation and burns of the skin by freezing.
For chronic pain: use moist heat
Heats up small bags filled with rice or wheat in a microwave for about 2 minutes and apply them to the affected part. Keep it there for 15 minutes. For best results, use it in the morning after waking up and before doing exercises. Take a warm bath, this can also help. For best results, you can add Epsom salt to the water. The magnesium in the Epsom salt relaxes and soothes the muscles and tendons tight.
You can reap the benefits of turmeric to season your food with it or drink a tea of turmeric with honey. Turmeric contains a powerful antioxidant called curcumin. It also helps the body to fight inflation.
Food rich in vitamin B12
The consumption of foods rich in vitamin B12 helps to relieve the pain, to thicken the protective layer that covers the nerves to not react to the pain.
The exercise of rotation of the neck
This exercise 3 steps not only will alleviate the pain in the neck, but also help to strengthen the muscles of the same:
- Rotate your neck in a circular motion. Do this 3 times.
- Move your head towards the left side. Go as far as you can, and then move the head to the right side. Do this 3 times.
- Move your neck forward and backward. Do this 3 times.
Exercise of removing towels
The wrong posture to sit and be on the phone for long periods of time is a main cause of neck pain and headache. This pain is caused by the prolongation of this position of the head and can be countered effectively by performing the following steps:
- Wheel a towel and place it around your neck while you subject the ends with your hands.
- Returns the head to its initial position and moves the chin down the neck (towards the chest).
- Pull the band a bit tighter while you tense your muscles.
- Hold the position until your muscles start to feel slightly tired.
See a masseuse or massage therapist. A massage can do wonders to release the muscle twitching, which reduces the swelling and provides comfort: A massage will also help to remove the salt deposits in the neck.
4 acupressure Points to relieve neck pain:
- Well the shoulder: the point is located in the shoulder between the rotator cuff and spine. You can find it by pressing the muscle of your shoulder with the thumb and middle finger. Apply downward pressure with your index finger or thumb. Massage the area for 4 or 5 seconds.
Gates of consciousness: it Is located in the back of your neck, where there is a hollow area near the base of the skull. Using your thumb, massage the region for 4 or 5 seconds.
Zhong Zhu: this point is located on the back of your knuckles in the groove formed by the tendons of your ring finger and the finger menique. Apply firm pressure on the area and massage for 4 or 5 seconds.
I have Gu: it is located between the membrane of your thumb and your index finger. Applies a deep pressure, massages and stimulates the area for 4 or 5 seconds.
Changes in the life style
Most of the pains in the neck are due to a lifestyle inappropriate. Make small adjustments to our lifestyle can help to cure the pain and prevent it from occurring.
- Rest: the majority of neck pain occur due to the stress caused by repetitive actions, spending too much time on the computer and sleeping in an unhealthy position. It is advisable that, as soon as you start to feel pain, stop the activity that apparently caused it. Rest for a few days. The majority of neck pain heal in a few days, but if it does not, seek professional attention.
- Change your sleeping position: sleeping on back is the best position followed by sleeping on your side. Avoid sleeping face down. Do not use more than one pillow and do not use a pillow thick. It is preferable to use an orthopedic pillow special.
Have you ever had to struggle with neck pain? If your answer is no, then you’re in luck. We hope that you share your secret in the comments. For those that struggle with neck pain occasional, we hope that our recommendations will assist you to keep off these problems. If they work for you, we recommend that you incorporate these changes into your lifestyle long-term!
Illustrator Ekaterina Gapanovich for Great.guru
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com