We are increasingly aware that a sedentary lifestyle is incompatible with good health and physical shape. However, many believe that they are required hours and hours of gym sweating drop fat to get it.
And could not be more mistaken. Walking stimulates the circulation and prevents fluid retention, relieves swelling of legs and, if done properly, is very effective to lose weight. But, the key question is:
How much to walk each day to lose weight?
To lose weight effectively the ideal thing is to walk between 30 and 90 minutes most days of the week. The time does not have to be equal, you can ride more on some days and less others, but the important thing is that at the end of the week you’ve walked at least 2 and a half hours.
Yes, walking for a vigorously for at least 30 minutes in a row also has the benefit of burning fat. You can always start with shorter periods and go by augmenting them when you are feeling more in shape.
Not only is it important to the time you’re walking distance, also the distance that you walk. This is an estimate that can help you to make an approximate calculation.
1.000 steps = 800 meters = 50 kcal
140.000 steps = to 7000 kcal = 1 kg = 112 km
The steps may vary from one person to another, so what you have to do is average about 10 meters and count your steps. If you divide the distance in centimeters, 1.000, by the number of steps you take, you’ll get the right pace.
- <70 steps / min: do not have any training effect.
- 70-90 steps / min: pace mild is indicated in people with cardiovascular disease.
- 90-110 steps / min: suitable for any person.
- 110-130 steps / min: high rate very effective for weight loss, but it can cost to maintain.
Burn calories and fat
Walking at a fast pace can burn between 100 and 300 calories in 30 minutes. But if you do it during more than a half hour, part of those calories will be from fat stored. If in addition you do most days of the week, burn an extra of between 1,000 and 3,000 calories in total and you will improve your metabolism.
These are some tips that don’t fall into the routine and finished aburriéndote of walk:
- Walk on different sites, not always doing the same route.
- Walking in the open air, and with music, energizing that will encourage you to better yourself.
- Don’t let the rain or the cold cut off your routine. Propose to carry it out no matter what.
- Walk with a friend or family member. Be chatting with someone or to propose common objectives can make you feel more motivated.
- Change your routine as much as you want, keeping the objective.
The ideal is to speak with your doctor before you get a routine and some goals. But one option may be to begin going to walk three times a week for 15 or 20 minutes and keep increasing the frequency until you get to walk between 30 and 90 minutes virtually every day.
The food is a very important point when losing weight. Decrease the portions and minimize the consumption of sugary foods and processed are two key points that will help you to get that loss long before.
Avoid fried, high-fat dairy products, refined grains, sugary drinks and alcoholic and sweet. On the contrary, base your diet on fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, whole grain and lean proteins.
Moderate exercise is one of the best ways to lose weight. In addition to having a large amount of benefits for your health-physical, mental, and emotional. And don’t forget to read: “10 Amazing and Surprising Benefits of Walking that you had NO Idea”.