The dietitian and nutritionist Kathleen Zelman says that, when we recognize our bad eating habits, we feel that we can and that it is easier to change them. Breaking bad habits, in addition to adopting good, it is the safest way to lose weight. But the gain will be much greater than this, since the adopt in your life to a healthy routine, you’ll be much more aware of all of these unhealthy habits that only brought health problems and extra pounds to your life.
In Great.guru, we’ve gathered some healthy habits that will surely be very effective on a path to a healthier weight. Please make sure you read the article until the end so you don’t miss the article more valuable in the fight by the loss of those extra pounds!
1. Avoid foods that are low in fat
A study published in the Journal of the Association for Consumer Research showed that people who ate products labeled as “healthy or low fat” not satisfied and end up eating more to satisfy your appetite. In addition, to replace the fat, these products are full of low carbohydrate performance that are digested quickly and, in a short time, you will feel hungry. This means that you will eat more to feel full, which will surely result in a few extra pounds.
2. Try to sleep 6 to 8 hours daily
Researchers from the Baptist Medical Center Wake Forest found that people who sleep 5 hours or less per night increased two times more abdominal fat than those who sleep an average of 6-8 hours per night. Not getting enough sleep makes you feel hungry even when you have eaten well. This happens because the loss of sleep affects the secretion of cortisol, a hormone that regulates the appetite.
3. Don’t consume coffee with an empty stomach
Surely you have already heard that this morning routine that we normally have to drink a cup of coffee before you eat something is not so good idea as we thought. Dr. Adam Simon says that, when the coffee falls to the empty stomach, helps to produce acids that could damage the stomach lining and cause indigestion or reflux. In addition, the coffee makes your body feel stressed and this will cause the fat to adhere easily to the abdominal wall.
4. Do not watch television or listen to music while you eat
The University of Vermont found that overweight people who reduced the time they spent watching television while eating a 50%, burned an average of 119 more calories per day. Other research conducted by the newspaper Food Quality and Preference showed that people who ate while they listened to music , consumed significantly greater amounts than people who ate in silence. The explanation of this fact is based on that, when you keep your mind busy, you block and you do not realize that you have eaten enough, coming to consume more than what is due.
5. Do not go to the supermarket when you’re hungry
Go shopping with an empty stomach will only make you buy products to satisfy quickly your appetite. Dr. Kathleen Zelman advised to eat something small and healthy before you go to the supermarket. It is also important that you always have a shopping list and do the most effort to follow it strictly.
6. Stop drinking so many soft drinks
A glass of regular soft drink of 12 ounces has 140 calories and 39 grams of sugar. This means that, if you drink 1 can of soda daily, you will soon begin to gain weight. A new study by the School of Public Health TH Chan of the University of Harvard and the National Institute of Public Health of Mexico found that women who drank just 1 can of soda per week have lost 1 pound more than those that did not decreased the consumption of soda. The study was conducted in a period of 2 years and obese women who participated saw great results in their figure after reducing the consumption of sodas and sugary drinks.
7. Eliminates the sweets after dinner
Kathleen Zelman says that many people tend to eat something immediately after dinner and is usually a sweet. She suggests to change this habit so that, instead of eating something sweet, the people to enjoy a cup of tea or to drink a little water with gas. In general, people should stop eating any thing after a meal, because all of the sugar that your body needs is being extracted from your food. Any amount of sugar consumed will result in weight gain.
8. Don’t consume bottled water
This is information that few people know about. The research published in the scientific journal PLOS One showed that the water that comes in plastic bottles can actually engordarte. The plastic bottles contain BPA, which is a chemical that causes fatigue, weight gain, and alters the levels of hormones. The study showed that BPA (bisphenol A) reduces the sensitivity to insulin, and accelerates the formation of adipocytes (fat cells).
What is even more worrying is the fact that 92% of the participants in the study had detectable levels of BPA in the blood.
9. Try to eat between certain time intervals
A study demonstrated that those that eat lunch later (between 3 and 4 p.m.) lost less weight than those that eat lunch before 1:30 in the afternoon. Another study showed that eating the last meal of the day before 8 in the evening, will result in eating fewer calories, since they do not spend much time eating. What both studies have shown is that having a schedule of meals balanced can be quite beneficial, as it allows you to satisfy your appetite before you feel extremely hungry, and it takes longer to finish eating, resulting in less consumption of calories.
10. It creates the habit of always eat the salad first
A study published in the journal of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) showed that those who ate one salad a dense, low-energy content, consumed between 7%-12% less of their traditional food, while those who ate a salad with a high content of energy consumed between 8%-17% more than the traditional meal. This demonstrates that the salad more dense, the ones that are made of kale, spinach, lettuce and other green vegetables (without seasoning or dressings that get fat), improve the feeling of satiety and reduce the amount of caloric intake for the main dish.
11. Try to eat always the same portions, whether you’re at home or away
We all know that eating out means eating more, because the portions at restaurants are generally larger that that we consume in the home. According to the nutritionist Judy Caplan, when you eat larger portions, your body stores these extra calories as fat, because they can’t digest their food otherwise. Eating two large servings a day will not replace the five small portions that you regularly consume. This causes people to become more prone to slow down your metabolism and start increasing weight.
Not all people gain weight in the same areas of the body. Then, you’ll see in detail the different types of fats that adhere to certain areas of the body:
- The brown fat or brown fat is the type of fat most common. Can be found in slimmer people as it has the ability to keep people with a body temperature hot and builds up behind the neck. That is why the babies have a large percentage of this.
- The white fat usually accumulates around the area of the abdomen , and produces a hormone synthesized called adiponectin which protects the body against diabetes and heart disease.
- The subcutaneous fat that accumulates in the buttocks and the thighs may not be as harmful as it accumulates in the abdomen, which in general can be a little more dangerous for your health.
- The visceral fat is a type of fat is dangerous as it accumulates around the internal organs, mainly in the areas of the abdomen and the waist.
- The fat of the abdomen is subcutaneous, and visceral, and it can be a sign of diabetes.
- The fat of the buttocks and the thighs can be a bit less negative that the one that accumulates in the abdomen, since there are some investigations that have shown that women with pear-shaped body are less likely to suffer from heart disease.
There are several ways to avoid falling into the temptation and eat those snacks or snacks that your body doesn’t really need to. Here are some changes that could be very useful for you in this process:
- Store these snacks, or snacks unhealthy in your cabinet lower so that they are not the height of your eyes and, preferably, that will require more effort to remove.
- Replaces the cookie jar traditional for a fruit bowl and opt for the healthiest snacks during the day.
- Hides all unhealthy foods at the back of the refrigerator so that it is not the first thing you see when you open the door.
What of the above tips you find most useful? How do you make an effort to change some of the habits of your daily routine? Please share with us your answers in the comments section!
Illustrator Daniil Shubin for Great.guru
Feel free to leave any comments here at Coolest-hacks.com