Are you dreaming of launching a powerful online store but think that your technical knowledge is not enough? Believe, your fears are completely groundless. Frankly speaking, nowadays anyone with a strong desire can successfully cope with the task using an ecommerce website builder.
Undoubtedly, modern ecommerce website builders are a convenient and simple way to create an online store of any size. The best thing is that they enable even a novice with no tech skills to succeed. However, there’s one problem that demands a thought-out solution. Which ecommerce website builder is perfect namely for you? The right answer to this question may become the main factor that will determine the future destiny of your online store.
How to Choose the Best Ecommerce Website Builder
“One man’s breath is another man’s death”, they say. Unfortunately, there’s no one-fit-all solution when it comes to ecommerce website builders. So, there are a few things to consider while making a choice.
- Functionality: First of all, focus on the functionality. If you’re going to sell products an ecommerce website builder should enable you to present them in the best light. What’s more, it should provide you with convenient tools for handling your customers’ orders, setting discounts, organizing promos and what’s not. Don’t forget to take into consideration the responsiveness of your future online store and the loading speed of its pages.
- Ease of use: Secondly, ease of use is of vital importance especially if you aren’t a pro yet. Make sure that the process of installation and customization is simple enough and doesn’t require additional coding.
- Pricing: Thirdly, examine the pricing plans. On the one hand, a free plan may sound rather seductive. On the other hand, it means that you’ll have limited opportunities. So, think twice whether it’s a good idea to save on the functionality of your future online store.
- Customer support: Finally, pay attention to the customer support service. Sooner or later you’re likely to face some issues demanding professional help. Make sure that you’ll get a helping hand as soon as you need one.
Top 10 Ecommerce Website Builder Providers 2018
Honestly, the number of ecommerce website builders is really large. So, it may seem a daunting task for a beginner to find the proper one without assistance. That’s why to save your time and effort we compiled a list of the ecommerce website builder providers that definitely deserve your close attention in 2018. Hope, it will help you take the final decision.
MotoCMS ecommerce website builder may undoubtedly become a number-one choice both for novices and pros. It gives anyone a chance to create a stunning fully-functional online store without any line of coding. Whatever products you’re selling you’ll definitely find a professionally designed template that completely fits your requirements. Besides, the process of adding the content as well as customizing your online store is a piece of cake. A powerful admin panel provides you with all the necessary tools alongside with useful widgets to add any possible functionality for your business flourishing.
- All templates are 100% responsive and cross-browser compatible. It guarantees that your online store will look great and perform well on any device in any browser.
- You don’t have to install any additional software. The admin panel already contains everything you need.
- Thanks to the lazy loading feature your online store pages possess lightning-fast loading speed.
- There are no free themes for ecommerce. However, a free 14-day trial period is available.
Shopify is an ecommerce website builder that offers you both great design and functionality. Shopify suggests you more than a hundred of themes with ready-made layouts and vibrant graphics. In fact, the templates cover each and every topic from electronics to food. The drag-and-drop interface of Shopify is intuitive and compatible with almost every OS and device. Over 1,200 Apps enable you to add enormous functions and automate lots of business tasks.
- A built-in mobile ecommerce shopping cart feature allows the customers browse and purchase directly from their mobile phones.
- An abandoned shopping cart recovery service lets you automatically track and email the potential customers who haven’t completed the purchase.
- Shopify integrates with over 100 payment gateways that enable your store to accept credit cards.
- Unless you use Shopify Payments, Shopify charges a transaction fee for every sale.
- Many Apps are not free. It means that the monthly cost will increase if you integrate them to extend the functionality.
BigCommerce is an ideal ecommerce website builder 2018 for professional large-scale enterprises. It doesn’t matter what industry you represent. BigCommerce is able to make the process simple and help you succeed. Firstly, you can easily create unlimited product options, set up your own product rules and organize your products into categories. Secondly, the control panel enables you to completely manage and process the orders. Thirdly, you’re always aware not only of your best-selling products but also of the best customers via top 20 customer lists.
- There are no transaction fees whatever pricing plan you choose.
- You get the unlimited file storage and bandwidth with any hosting plan.
- You can cross post your product pages to such major sales websites as Amazon and eBay.
- Monthly fees if your sails go beyond the limits your pricing plan sets. In other words, you should pay extra in case of the abrupt success.
Wix is one of the most user-friendly website builders for ecommerce that allows you turn your great idea into a business. To begin with, Wix offers you hundreds of beautiful professionally designed ecommerce templates to choose from. Next, the handy drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to add any content on the fly. Then, App Market provides you with tons of useful ecommerce, business, and marketing tools for your online store quick growth. What’s more, Store Manager helps you constantly keep track of your inventory.
- Artificial Design Intelligence function can significantly save your time and effort by building most of your online store automatically.
- Free cloud-based web hosting.
- Multiple pay options with 0% commission on all sales.
- Despite there are five pricing plans, you get access to online store tools only with eCommerce or VIP ones.
- You have to pay for some useful online store Apps built and supported by the 3-rd party providers.
Squarespace ecommerce website builder offers you clean and well-structured templates to create a full-scale online store. The best thing is that you can sale everything: physical goods, digital products or services. Also, there are no limits on the number of products to sell. Moreover, you get a comprehensive set of ecommerce tools that provide your online store with all the necessary functionality. Besides, you get free hosting and domain services.
- You can export your order data into CSV file format. Thus you’re able to import it into other software programs, for instance, your accounting system.
- You get ShipStation and Xero Accounting Integration within Basic and Advanced Store Plans.
- There is no phone customer support. You can contact them only via email or live chat.
- They charge you a transaction fee of 3% on sales in the Business Plan.
Weebly is one more ecommerce website builder with free hosting services and domain for growing businesses. Honestly, it’s one of the most easy-to-use drag-and-drop web builders that lets you upload the content without useless efforts. Furthermore, Weebly enables you to enliven the content not only with video and forms but also with polls and forums. Besides, App Center suggests you over 200 apps and integrations to help you run your business from a single dashboard.
- You can create Dedicated Product Pages for each of your products.
- You are able to edit your online store on the go due to iPad store-editing App.
- You are free to implement Team Management or open certain parts of your store to the members only via Membership Areas.
- Customization options of the templates are limited unless you’re able to modify the codes.
- Analytics isn’t advanced enough and falls behind in comparison with that of Shopify or BigCommerce.
Jimdo ecommerce website builder is a good choice for small businesses. So, if you’re not planning your business to grow into a mammoth Jimdo is right for you. It’s a good option to launch a professionally looking mobile-optimized online store. Although the choice of ecommerce themes isn’t too wide, it’s quite enough for a beginner. The greatest thing is that even the JimdoFree Plan enables you to add up to five items to your store.
- Mobile apps available for both Android and iOS enable you to build and update your store wherever you are.
- You can switch between templates if you decide to replace the initial one without losing any of your progress.
- The online store lacks a credit card payment gateway.
- There’s no month-to-month payment option, so you have to pay an annual subscription.
Volusion is a handy ecommerce website builder that powers over 40 thousand online stores worldwide. It provides everything you need to start, run and grow your online store. With Volusion every section of your online store will look great. There’s no doubt that customers will navigate your store and browse through your products easily. The ecommerce features include CMS, SEO tools, social media integration as well as eBay and Amazon integration and much more.
- No transaction fees, so you get to keep all your profits.
- Professional customer support is available via the phone, online live chat, and email 24/7.
- Some of the themes should be updated for more modern looks.
- The editing options are slightly complicated for a novice.
Duda ecommerce website builder is one more smart choice to create and host a full-featured online store with ease. First and foremost, it focuses on mobile versions of websites. As a rule, the layout of the online store template offers you a large image on the top. The series of smaller ones are situated on the bottom. After you choose one of the mobile-friendly templates you can customize it either via a drag-and-drop editor or using HTML.
- You can create an online store of any size as you get an unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- Duda enables you to work with various languages including ones that use non-Roman symbols.
- You aren’t able to export your online store to another web host.
- You have to purchase a custom domain from a different domain host.
GoCentral is an ecommerce website builder solution offered by GoDaddy. It’s really one of the best options for beginners with a setup wizard and tools that are intuitive to use. Besides, step-by-step tutorials inside the website editor simplify the process of customization. GoCentral has an integrated shopping cart, fast mobile checkout, and secure payment processing. What’s more, it automatically reviews and optimizes your online store for Google and other search engines.
- You can sell on Facebook. A Facebook business page is created automatically using the content from your online store.
- A mobile-friendly cart makes it easy to pay with credit cards, PayPal or use one-click checkout with Apple Pay.
- You have no HTML access to the templates.
- If you decide to change your store template, you lose all the content you had in the previous one.
So, take time to evaluate all pros and cons of each ecommerce website builder before taking the final decision. Hope, your smart choice will let your future online store flourish and bring you new customers day in, day out.
Allison Reed is a professional content marketer and an inspired author. Marketing manager by day and a writer by night, she is creating many articles on business, marketing, design and web development. She loves working with website builders and CMS, and sharing her experience with the readers. Follow her on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Want to Know more About Our eCommerce Offerings?
Whatever your eCommerce need is, we can help you develop the right eCommerce solutions adding new freshness and value to your business.