A few hours ago we commented that YouTube had updated their web version to be able to play better video vertical, and now comes a good news for Android users, as the dark mode is coming to the users of this operating system.
YouTube had already announced it was working on a dark mode for their mobile apps, even had already released this feature on iOS, however, it is now being rolled out to Android users.
The update is being rolled out in a phased manner, that is to say, for the moment, not all users can make use of this function, and those who can already do so will receive a message when you open the application, notifying them they can now turn on dark mode, plus you can activate and deactivate this function from the setup of the application.
If you still don’t get this role, and you want to activate the dark mode then there is a way to do this, but it is not precisely simple.
- The first thing you should do is to have root privileges, i.e. have root on your phone, the steps to do this depend on each team.
- Once you have root access we need to download the application Preferences Manager from the Play Store.
- Open the application and look for the app of Youtube in the list.
- Now we open the file youtube.xml
- Select the option “Dark”
- We modified the value from “false” to “true”.
- Before you exit save changes and close the YouTube app.
- When you re-open the application we will have the dark mode.
As you can see the process is not exactly straightforward, especially if you do not have root permissions, so maybe the best thing would be to wait for the update to the official version.
Coolest-hacks.com and Partners.